Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fun!

On February 3rd, I turned 50. There. I said it. Actually, it's not bad at all. Come to think of it, I don't think there's enough money in the world to make me go back in time. As my daughter would say, "I can kick, stretch and kick. I'm 50!"

My husband threw me a big birthday bash with all my friends and family. We had so much fun! 48 friends and Mexican food. That's as good as it gets. It was the first time, since my surgery, I've gotten together with everyone. As I looked around the room, I felt so very blessed to have all of these wonderful people in my life. They pray for me (and my family), encourage me and just love me for....me. Thanks, Wes, for bringing everyone together!

On February 11th, my husband and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. As he would say, he "wisked" me away for the weekend. We stayed at the Castle Inn Riverside in Wichita, Kansas. If you've never heard of the place, you need to go and look it up. It's a beautiful old home that's been restored. We went to a movie, did a little bit of shopping (I even actually bought something for myself!) and went to the theater. I'm very blessed to have a husband that treats me so well. I LOVE you, Wes!

Since I'm now working 4 days a week, I've got to figure out how to get everything done. I know that this sounds ridiculous to all of you other working women but I'm absolutely exhausted when I get home. I don't have headaches everyday anymore (just on occasion) but it's like my brain starts to shut down about 3:30-4:00, It's all I can do to concentrate until 5. Then, when I get home, it's almost as if things are confusing. It seems to take me an extra long time to do things. The fact that I still don't sleep well is probably a contributing factor. It's hard, at best, to concentrate on 5 or so hours of sleep. I have my next follow-up with the surgeon on March 9th and I need to ask him about this. I don't know if it's normal or not but it's certainly exhausting!

I'm continuing to heal nicely. My scar is still very itchy and I still have a hole in my head but other than that, I'm doing well. I have random headaches but they're normally not big enough to knock me down. That's a nice change! All in all, I'm still very happy with the results of the surgery. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment