Friday, April 23, 2010

Sadness

A beautiful day here in Oklahoma. A few threats of possible tornadoes last night but that's the norm for springtime.

Well, the headaches have become more frequent. I don't have them every day but am having them several days a week now. They come very unexpectedly and linger for the rest of the day. My husband tells me that my face has also started to droop when I have headaches. I'm trying not to be worried about the headaches and am pleased that I went so long without one. However, I must say that they're annoying and I can't, for the life of me, figure out what triggers them. On the bright side, I am feeling stronger each day. I don't get tired as easily and everyday things are easier to do. It's been six months and I've still yet to learn not to rush things!

Today, I'm sad. Our oldest dog, who was 16 years old, has been very sick. The medication was making him even more sick and he just wasn't getting well. It was horrible to see him feel bad all the time. We made the decision to put him to sleep. Honestly, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He knew something was going on and I think he really got scared. He was always super friendly with everyone but when the vet came in to get him, he shied away and didn't want to go with him. I am very grateful to our vet. He was very kind and very patient with us. He explained everything and never rushed us. I am relieved that CD is no longer in any kind of pain but feel terrible about today. He was a constant companion when I was sick. He could always tell when I didn't feel well and would just lay beside me. If not for him, I would have spend many lonely days all alone. I will miss him very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment